Montag, 5. Mai 2008

Vinea Wachau



Yesterday I´ve been with my dad and Christoph & Iva to the Vinea Wachau. I´ve never been there before, because I´m not interested in wine, instead of the others in my family! ; ) They´re crazy enough to attand wine-schools and going on "wine-holidays".. you know.. travelling arround a country and learning about their wines. My dad and Christoph´ve already been to South Africa, California, France...


I don´t like the taste of alcohol and so I never drink anyone, but always when they´re drinking wine they gave me their glass and tell me something like " You have to try it - its from ?? and totally famouse for his ??. Oh yes.. and don´t forget to smell - do you smell the peach?" .. Well.. yes - you can imagine how much I can use this sentence! ; ) .. And.. no.. I never smelt the peach or any other smell out of a wine. For me the all got this special kind of wine-smell and this´s so hard that I don´t smell different things. Can you do that? Can you smell peach (or somehing else) out of a wine?

So yesterday I had also to try about 20 wines and they´ve been talking about everyone.. the only thing I could say was - worse.. not so worse - worse... ; ) .. But it was fine and I really like to be in the Wachau. =) And so I´ve also seen the Vinea Wachau. A lot of people´ve been there and there´re also coming people from abroad.


The Wachau´s a special region in Lower Austria. The Wachau lies on the left and right side from the Danube, between the two cities Melk and Krems.


It´s famouse for his beautiful landscapes, historical buildings (there´re a lot of ruins - the most famouse one´s the Ruin Aggstein) and his wine. More about it you can read on the official Wachau homepage or on this one.


I made you also some pictures. =) ..


x Iva infront of the Danube
x Wachau
x Wachau 2
x Danube 1
x Danube 2
x Danube 3
x Danube 4
x Grapevine
x Grapevine 2
x Vinefields
x Vinefields 2

Photos´re all made by myself.

Keine Kommentare: