Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2008

The Main Library from Vienna


Yesterday I´ve been to the main library in Vienna. There´s from April to June an exhabition about how the desks and the working rooms from authors look. It was really intereseting how different that can be. Some got a normal chaos - like my desk ; ) - everything´s lying arround, but you can find it after a minute of searching. Some rooms looked so cleaned up that I wouldn´t felt well in there and I never could write there! And.. than there was one room - wow - what a mess! I never thaught that there could live an author - he/she rewrites the pages she printed and needs a little space to hang them on the wall (or something like that) so you can prepare the textes, but in this working-room there wasn´t a space for anything more!!!! There was lying about 1.000 newspapers on the floor, on the desk, on the other furniture.. clothes, different stuff, accessoires... you couldn´t walk during the floor or sit on the chair! And.. I don´t think that you could find an empty space on the desk! ; ) .. I have also got a chaotic desk, but.. that really shocked me. I never could feel there "at home".
I made you a photo.


The library looks really interesting, which you can see on the photo. Under the building there´s an underground station - so you can directly go from the station to the library! ; ) ..
On the top of the building there´s a nice terrasse on which you can sit outside and read - well.. yesterday it was couldy, but also sunny days will come! ; )
In this library you find a lot of interesting books/newspapers/... - yesterday we got there a daily newspaper from Japan, which looked very funny for us! ; ) .. You can also get a Harry Potter in latin


And... now the views from the top of the building of Vienna.


Photos´re all made by myself.

Keine Kommentare: