Mittwoch, 14. Mai 2008

Schnitzler - Reigen


Yesterday I´ve been to the Burgtheater with Christian and we saw "Reigen" from Arthur Schnitzler. He´s an austrian writer. I´m a fan of his books/novels.

When Schnitzler released his play it was a shock for everybody, because it´s all about.... making love! ; ) But as you can see - it´s still on stage!

Two weeks ago I read the book/play "Reigen", which´s written in the viennese dialect from Schnitzlers-time (about 1900). And they also preformed it in that dialect, which I really liked! =) For me it´s always great to hear different dialects on stage and for sure I prefere the austrian one or an old version from it.

They nearly played it like it was written. The just changed one scene and another scene they gave a bit more pep! But all in all I liked it and I would recommend it to you, even you would have some problems by understanding it!

I´m really interested how it´s written in english, because of our dialect. Next week I want to go to a bookstore and want to see if there´s an english version of it, which´s called "La Ronde". Maybe one of you already know it or read it or saw it!? ; )

Photo´s made by myself.

Keine Kommentare: